Friday 17 May 2013

THE OVERRATED VIRTUE of BEING BUSY

2013-05-17 16.16.44This is post 10 of my 22- day challenge! So far so good; I am quite impressed with my determination to not falter under pressure. It is a real task to put something more or less intelligent into cyber space on a daily basis. Here we go, number 10:
If you fall into the Parent / Working category, life will offer you two guarantees: Our children will grow uo and the next tax bill is in the post! If you live in Vancouver, you can add a third certainty; sooner or later it will rain again. Like today!

Dr. Seuss said it best when he wrote:

"The sun did not shine
It was too wet to play
So we (I) sat in the house
All that cold, cold wet day.

I sat there with Sally (alone)
We sat there we two,
And I said, "How I wish I had something to do!" The Cat in the Hat


Right here I need to BLEEP: There is always something to do, to research, to focus on, to change, to clean, to bake, to shop for, to fix, to improve, to organize, to find, to connect to, to write about, to help with, to educate on, to volunteer with, to offer, to dream about, to worry / to laugh about, to waste time with, to argue about, to wash, to iron or simply put, to change the world to make it this tiny bit better.
And sometimes, on a rainy day like today, it's fabulous to let somebody else do the above.
All I need to decide on is how to break the news to my husband when he comes home:

"Then my husband came in
And he said to us two
"Did you have fun? Tell me, what did you do?"
And I did not know what to say
Should I tell him
The things that went on here that day?
Should I tell him about it?
Now, would should I do? Well...
What would you do if your husband asked you?
(Dr. Seuss, The Cat in the Hat)

No comments:

Post a Comment