Wednesday 9 October 2013

NEW DISCOVERIES

It has been a week of new discoveries on all fronts for me.
.
Today I understand the true meaning behind "Join us for a fun filled fund raiser at the local pub".

Decoded it means:
 Spend lots of money for the off change to win a crappy present. Sit in a booth and chat with your booth partners.
OK, fair enough, we had fun. But why didn't I win anything crappy?

I also reconfirmed my belief about going to a party by myself:  You don't get distracted by your husband, you will meet so many new faces, you have a good laugh  and you can leave whenever you want to.

During one of my solo trips at a local deli I came across a 'familiar face'.

"Where did we meet before?" We both couldn't figure out how, where or when we met earlier - we both knew it was here in B.C. and not during our previous life!
Hilda told me her story and it all came back to me:

 Do you remember about my job at the pharmacy department?
Do you remember the hip and trendy senior I told you about who couldn't decide which pyjama bottom to buy?  The lady who was going to divorce her husband of 53 years?
 It's her, the hip and trendy lady!  We met again amidst other strangers at the party.  Please tell me that is crazy!




And true to her word she left her husband!

And last but not least I made the scary discovery  "Big Brother is watching me" right here at our local  shopping mall parking lot!
Big Brother was watching me and took a picture of my car as I went across the road (20 meters) to purchase candy at a shop across from the mall.

 The fine? $ 63,50 for leaving my cat at the parking lot and not shopping at the stores in the mall!   (In fact I did that earlier. Big Brother didn't watch me then)

Isn't that crazy?
 Apparently there are seven signs with the warning "For Shoppers only"
 Does anyone know what that means exactly?



Why don't they write on the signs:
"DON'T LEAVE YOUR CAR HERE & SHOP SOMEWHERE ELSE
 WE WILL WATCH & CHARGE YOU $ 63,50!

I wrote a firm, informative letter to appeal against my ticket.  Let's see if  the written word makes any difference;  otherwise, these Halloween candies were the most expensive ones ever!

No comments:

Post a Comment