Wednesday 3 July 2013

A GLIMPSE OF MY FUTURE

When I was 24, I had my first 'real' glimpse of my future! I saw this:


and made it my goal to one day own a coffee lounge on a Caribbean Island.
What can I say, my dream came true! I had to tweak the above picture to see my vision happening (minus the beach, the water and the palm trees)- nevertheless, I operated my coffee lounge in the exotic location of Bussum in Holland-  I felt so excited, uplifted and motivated by my experience that I even wrote a book about it!

Yesterday, at the wrong end of 40, (that's how Jackie Collins would describe me) I had a glimpse of my 'other 'future- this one is definitely not a dream. This one is going to happen, sooner or later - and this 'bitch' is going to hit regardless of where I will be living!  There will be no escaping from it, the only question is , how hard, how sweaty and how uncomfortable will it be when it arrives?  THE MENOPAUSE!
And no, when I saw my future yesterday I wasn't motivated, inspired or excited about to prospect of writing a book about it.

During my Tuesday networking event in Mission I sat across Tracey.
The temperature in the coffee bar was just fine, not too cold, not too warm. All of a sudden Tracey pulled up her long hair and started fanning herself. As I was just making eye contact with my vis-a vis Randy, I only wondered why she was fanning herself. She kept on fanning, all red in her face by now- Like a good sport, with a smile on her face, she explained herself:  these flashes are merciless, they arrive without warning, stay as long as they want to and disappear again.


To me this sounds like a cruel joke of nature! If certain religions want us to believe that God created Man and Woman, he must have been tipsy when he created Eve- or at least didn't think his project through properly. Why does HE want to inconvenience us over and over again? We are the ones who carry and deliver the future!
We should have eternal beauty and wisdom- not stretch marks, wrinkly skin, over elasticated tummies or fat thighs.

Thank you Tracey though for the glimpse into my future! I know full well I am not getting any younger- but the menopause?  I just called my mom to find out when her flashes begun: With 55! Hurrah, I bought myself a few more years. In this instance I want to believe the old saying like mother, like daughter!


No comments:

Post a Comment