Wednesday 9 April 2014

VARIETY IS THE SPICE OF YVRFOODIES / Vancouver Meet Up group



Life is like a bottle of ketchup, you always know what your gonna get: Routine and familiarity!
                                         or

Life is like his younger sister Hot Sauce, full of flavour and taste!

Photo by C.Waschko


 As energetic, spontaneous or creative I might be I love ketchup.

 Especially on a Sunday: Until late morning you can find me tucked in our bed, reading a book, sipping freshly made coffee out of my favourite cup.
The only pressing matter I need to consider is when and where I am going for a run- the rest of the day is spend in comfortable routine activities.

Not on the previous Sunday though.
I had the fantastic opportunity to film an episode for MotherpreneurTV during 
the get-together of   (YVR Foodies! )Meet-up group here in Vancouver!

Event host Ricky Shetty, photo C. Waschko

Before you read any further you need to know this one thing: Foodies (lovers of food) and I have as much in common as fish and a bicycle.
Of course I eat. I just don't get all gooey, gooey over it.
My favourite recipe is called "Fast" and
the only reason I watch Jamie Oliver is to listen to his cute British accent.

For the longest time I wrecked my brain how Foodies fit into the "Kiss your Excuses Goodbye" theme of us Motherpreneurs.

Well, we are mothers and
I could give you 5 Awesome Tips of How to Eat Healthy in a Restaurant - compiled by Adam Hart, keynote speaker, author and creator of POWER OF FOOD.

Adam Hart, photo by. C.Waschko


After some debating with myself I decided to do this: 
I filmed the event from a non-foodie point of view  and asked questions I always wanted to ask food obsessed individuals: Do you actually make healthy choices when you eat out in a restaurant? or, What to you prefer, sex or food? (Well, if I am allowed to ask I should ask the relevant questions).

My Sauerkraut and Currywurst loving self is so in the wrong city! Vancouverites love food. Restaurant owners toppling all over themselves to offer their clienteles fresh, healthy, organic, locally grown produce, lovingly prepared...food (or so I heard).


So, my first objective is to entertain you and secondly, to encourage and motivate you!
If your Sunday afternoon looks and tastes like a bottle of ketchup (just like mine) I want to encourage you to swap to Hot Sauce!
Go out, spice up your weekend with the company of strangers! You will be surprised how much fun you can have if you just ...go and make the effort!

Hanging with strangers, making new contacts and perhaps even make new friends feels like a mini holiday for body, soul and mind! A new location, new taste experiences, new impressions, new individuals to chat with....it all adds up, doesn't it?

With Michael Rubin, photo C. Waschko


Singer/ song writer Angie Faith, photo C.Waschko

We Motherpreneurs and Foodies have a few things in common:

We are passionate about something (food vs. our dream).
We both need to get off our butt to either create a dish, walk to a restaurant or to make our passionate dream come true!
See, here we have it, Foodies and Motherpreneurs are 'sort of' the same!
Allrighty, I know it takes more effort on our part, but you get the point!

And here you can watch for yourself: How Foodies entertain Foodies!


And last not least:
Four more awesome tips on how to eat healthy in a restaurant, compiled by Adam Hart:

-2. Skip the bread basket.
-3. Order dessert at the same time as your main meal (you will eat less main to keep room for dessert)
4.-  Try not to drink too much before, during or after your meal (liquid waters down the enzymes we need to digest our food)
-5. Add plant based nutrients to every meal (e.g. hemp seeds. They will keep our blood sugar leveled)

What do you think?
Any ideas on how to eat healthy in a restaurant?
I would love to hear from you!


No comments:

Post a Comment