Wednesday 16 April 2014

How Interior Design Could Save Your Marriage


THE IMPORTANCE OF A GREAT PAINT JOB - 
and other great stuff from DUHITA SPECK, interior designer!








Ha, I knew it:  it's in our genes!
We women love, want + need to paint, decorate or re-arrange our home every so often! 
As always, it's the small stuff that makes our life and home extraordinary!
  
Yes, it is in our genes alright. I just never new why.
Why does my mom go all cookoo over a new bed spread whilst my father couldn't care less?
Why is it my dad can fall asleep everywhere and my mom needs to make it all cosy first? She (and I as a matter of fact) can't get comfortable until her resting area is all neat, clean and tidy.

Well, I had the good fortune to find out with my guest Duhita Speck, professional organiser, home stager + interiors designer.




 
 
 
Believe it or not, we chatted for over an hour! For the sake of time I had to cut out so many juicy bits!
Here are some of them:
 
The most organised room for a mother should be her kitchen!
For an entrepreneur it should be his / her office.
Education is priceless!
However, just because you have an education doesn't mean you will be successful!
 If you don't have an eye, a natural talent or the personality to go along with your education you can stay put.
 
 
 
Choosing an interior decorator is very tricky because it's very personal!
The designer needs to be in tune with you and your psychology!.
Here is a check list to find our perfect match:
 
Contact at least three prospects.
Have a chat with each and everyone on the phone first.
How engaging is the designer?
 Does he / she asks lots of questions, wants to know about you, what you really want and why?  
 
If yes, invite your favourite 'voice' into your home for a consultation!
 
And from then onwards it will be: "Happy designing or re-designing!"
 
 
If you want to get in touch with Duhita, please go to
 
Now I would love to hear from you:
 
Could you please share with me if you have a set of spring / winter cutlery set?
 How often do you re-decorate your home?
 And most importantly, how do you do it?
 
Once again, Happy decorating from me to you!
Don't let your husband talk you out of it- now you know why it is important to us!!!
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment