Thursday 8 August 2013

O' HAPPY DAYS

Summer time is holiday time!

Once again, structure and a logical rhythm for the day has gone out the window and been replaced by - chaos!
This is what the long summer break does to us: Late mornings, later nights,
Port Moody, Buntzen Lake
 spontaneous outings,


 
A bike ride along the dykes to Pitt Meadows

 


impromptu  BBq's!



Like always, it is the small stuff that makes life so fantastic and exciting regardless of being an expat in a new country or not!

For example, who and how many young boys / men  will I find in our men cave at any time of the day?

Whom will I find sitting on the kitchen table in the morning?  This in itself is quite challenging - I need to be dressed appropriately not to embarrass our son's friends (it's my house though)!


Oh, I love the teenage stage!
Given the choice, I vote  to give birth to children of at least 10 years of age!                                         I know, I know, this makes the whole process of carrying and delivering a child slightly more challenging and difficult! Okay, I need to think this through properly before I propose this next step in evolution!

Life with teenagers has so many more perks than feeding and nappy changes:
You might find yourself at the local shop for Body Piercings, holding hands with your second 13 year old while he is getting his ear pierced!
(Only one, that's right! Boys with two studs at that young age look somewhat - girly? Is that the word I am looking for? Our youngest would call it gay! But what does he know? He is only 10!)

Or, you discover real life thrills when your 16 year old takes you for a spin around the neighbourhood with your car!
 This is what I call a White Knuckle Ride! And let's not forget the sweaty palms and arm pits!



No comments:

Post a Comment