Wednesday 5 June 2013

A FUTURE ENTREPRENEUR?

I often wonder, which genes did our boys get from me, which ones did they get from their father?
Without any reservation, hesitation or false modesty I raise my hand to Good LOOKS AND CHARM. Let me keep my belief that throwing tantrums, being moody, smart and entrepreneurial comes from their father's side.

This last characteristic makes me so proud that I needed post about it!
Today was the annual Entrepreneurial Show at our Elementary School.
The students had to design, research, develop, create and sell a product of their choice!
[caption id="attachment_851" align="alignnone" width="225"]The business plan, all thoroughly thought through! The Business plan [/caption]
Our son, without leaving his minecraft screen, or taking a break from youtube, hit the nail right on its head.
This 10 year old encompasses the Zeitgeist of his generation. Guess what he made?
What is every 10 year old boy crazy about at this moment?
Right, MINECRAFT!
[caption id="attachment_852" align="alignnone" width="225"]GENIUS in the making Here he is, THE GENIUS...[/caption]

In the early hours of the evening he cut, painted and glued 30 of these characters (don't ask me their names though-).
2013-06-05 07.31.06
This young boy gave us seasoned sales folks a lesson.
He showed us what sales manuals, marketing strategy courses or business courses don't teach.
His lesson to us: SELL WHAT PEOPLE WANT TO BUY!
It is that simple - really!
This morning, within one hour, he was sold out!
2013-06-05 10.40.34

No comments:

Post a Comment